Why Get Certified?
Research indicates that a key success factor for Action Learning programs is having a trained Action Learning coach at the helm. Increasingly, more organizations want their programs conducted by Certified Action Learning coaches (CALC).
Professionals can enhance their careers and value to their organizations with a certification in Action Learning from WIAL, the certification organization for Action Learning.
There are four levels of certification, each with increased education and requirements.
· Certified Action Learning Coaches (CALCs) can coach Action Learning sessions
· Professional Action Learning Coaches (PALCs) have proven their ability as coaches
· Senior Action Learning Coaches (SALCs) are cleared to lead all WIAL programs
· Master Action Learning Coaches (MALCs) are considered thought leaders within the Action Learning community.
This Program is for:
· Professionals who want to become certified Action Learning coaches within their organization
· Independent coaches and consultants who wish to become certified in Action Learning
What Participants Learn:
· How to ask questions that are aligned with the team's problem solving and team development stage
· How to handle dysfunctional team behavior
· How to embed the Action Learning process successfully in the organization
· How to sell and manage the Action Learning process within their organization
Certified Action Learning Coaches Will:
· Be qualified to coach Action Learning teams within organizations
· Be capable of managing Action Learning programs
· Be authorized to use the WIAL brand in all marketing materials
· Become a member of a large and growing community of Certified Action Learning Coaches (CALC)
Certification for Action Learning Coaches (CALC)
Becoming a Certified Action Learning coach enhances professional skills, increases organizational value and can lead to career advancement.
Focuses on advanced coaching methods. Content presentations and discussions address each of the following Action Learning team issues:
· Developing complete problem statements including root issues and solution goals
· Aligning questions with the stage of the problem solving process
· Dealing with typical group dynamics issues that face problem solving teams
Focuses on the organizational issues that must be addressed to implement a successful Action Learning program. Content presentations and discussions address each of the following advanced Action Learning team issues:
· Contracting issues
· Putting together a program development team
· Designing the program
· Identifying problems for solution
· Forming teams
· Building and maintaining team morale and motivation
· Maintaining senior management involvement and support
· Fostering a culture of Action Learning in the organization
This intensive program gives participants the skills and the experience they need to excel as Action Learning coaches in a variety of challenging situations. Participants will be required to attend two, two-day workshops: CALC 1 and CALC 2, and conduct several Action Learning sessions independently from the class experiences. The CALC program uses the same basic approach used in the Foundations of Action Learning program, interspersing concepts and practice. In addition, workshops use outside presenters from organizations needing real solutions.
Every participant is required to take on the challenge of being an Action Learning coach for at least one session. A dedicated Senior or Master Action Learning coach works with every Action Learning team formed during CALC 1 and CALC 2 workshops. This provides for an intensive and exceptionally rich feedback process for trainees when they take on the coaching role.
7 Attributes for the 21st Century Leader
Certification for Action Learning Coaches (CALC). Becoming a Certified Action Learning coach enhances professional skills, increases organizational value and can lead to career advancement.